Institutions of Higher Learning
- Wayne State – Midtown Detroit: A Detroit institution with a long history of theoretical research, a top-tier medical school, and a law program. They’ve set up an astral research wing just to piss of the Jesuits.
- UD Mercy – Northwest Detroit: A Jesuit university, they’ve had to do a lot of theological acrobatics over the years trying to keep up with the Pope’s official position on things. They’re good folks, but still have a chip on their shoulder about magic being evil.
- UD Mercy Law – Downtown Detroit: One of the few independent law schools around, and they tend to churn out less-evil lawyers.
- Sacred Heart Seminary: Limited appeal, but they do a lot of work on the Occult, offering programs in demonology and how to combat evil magic, sort of a Van Helsing Boot Camp you could call it. Sacred Heart has also partnered with MOTOR to educate and empower ork and troll youth, founding one of UCAS’s first K-12 schools specifically for orks and trolls.
- University of Michigan –Dearborn: UMichigan’s managed to hold onto a sliver of its dignity after the rise of corp. schools, but they’re a shadow of their 20th selves.
- Heartland University – Detroit: This is the biggest college in the metroplex. Ares is looking for skilled young folks in a lot of areas, but naturally STEM&M is their focus. They have a separate military academy & war college at a classified location somewhere in central UCAS, too, but their main campus is in Knight-Renaissance Center.
- Discovery Great Lakes – Grosse Pointe: EVO’s biotechnology college is centered around medical technology and materials science. They’ve got pretty tight security due to the high-grade pharmaceuticals and chemicals they’re working with in there.
- Brightland Academy-Troy: Shiawase’s industrial and business school focuses on being metahuman and minority open, but that’s ¾ marketing. It’s nice to see tuskers in college ads, though.
- Detroit College for Creative Studies – Downtown: What town’s complete without their own liberal arts school for artists, tridmakers, and musicians? Orxploitation star Orxanne studied there for a couple of years, believe it or not.